Committee Members & Representatives on Outside Bodies
As well as being a member of the Town Council, Councillors are also allocated into smaller committees to focus on specific areas. At Saxmundham Town Council the following Committees have been created:
- Resources Committee - Looking at the finances of Council along with managing the staff and determining policies. This Committee would also make recommendations on grants and donations. This committee meets once a month.
- Amenities & Services Committee - This committee looks after the buildings, land, equipment and other assets of the Council and also will get involved and make recommendations about other items that are owned by others, such as land owned by the District Council. This committee meets every 6 weeks.
- Planning & Development Control Committee - When planning applications are made to the District Council, the applications are passed to the Town Council for comment. Although the Council's opinion is taken into account, the final decision is made by the District Council. This committee meets to determine the Town Council's response and to review any decisions that have been made by the District Council. This committee meets twice a month.
- Market Hall Management Committee - As the sole trustee for the Market Hall, there is a committee that meets regularly to discuss any issues with the market hall and agree policy and financial expenditure. This committee meets every 6 weeks.
- Staffing Sub-committee - In order to review the Clerk and other staff and deal with any issues arising, the staffing sub-committee, reporting in to the Resources Committee will meet as required.
In addition, there are working groups which are set up to review specific items such as an emergency plan or communications.
The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group is made up of both Councillors and Non-Councillors and is meeting regularly to propose a plan for the future.